How to use
Use straight from the bag. It’s as easy as that. When filling or potting, firm lightly. Keep the compost moist and do not let it dry out. Do not leave plants standing in water.
- Fill a clean seed tray with Levington® Peat Free Seed & Cutting Compost.
- Level off with your hand or a ruler.
- Firm lightly and water using a fine rose.
- Sow the seeds thinly and evenly.
- Cover the seeds when necessary with their own depth of compost firming lightly.
- For smaller seeds such as petunia or lobelia, there is no need to cover with compost.
- To retain water, cover the seed tray or container with either glass or polythene. Make sure the tray is kept out of direct sunlight.